U HOSTELS TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Terms & Conditions mentioned in the document refer to the basis on which U HOSTELS shall offer accommodation, food and other services to its guests. It is deemed that by making a reservation at U HOSTELS, every guest confirms to abide by the same.
- Unless, otherwise required, the following terms will have the pre-set definition/meaning
- ‘Booking’ refers to the reservation made by guests that entitles them to stay and other services mentioned under it, and acceptable by U HOSTELS
- ‘Booking Details’ refers to detailed information regarding the days of stay, the number of guests, the number of rooms booked and any other details mentioned along with the same
- ‘Arrival Date’ refers to the date of check in for the guests as per the booking details
- ‘Charges’ refers to the amount payable by the guests as per the booking and other services used
- ‘Guests’ refers to the customers or any related third parties who are booked at the Hostel
- Guests can make bookings using the U HOSTELS website, using third party booking portals or by calling the U HOSTELS unit for any specific location.
- Identification information, not limited to name, address proof, contact details needs to be provided to the U HOSTELS at the time of booking.
- A contract of booking will only be considered legit after U HOSTELS accepts the booking and provides a booking reference number to the guests.
- Any requests made for any changes in the booking (Days of stay/ Number of guests/ Number of rooms required) will be subject to availability and the guests will need to pay for the same as per U HOSTELS’ applicable rates.
- U HOSTELS will try to ensure the availability of beds in the same room for guests booked together under a sharing booking, however, this cannot be guaranteed.
3. fees and charges
- U HOSTELS shall quote the charges of the stay upon request for booking
- The stay charges refer to accommodation only, and charges for other services such as meals and other amenities will be billed to the guests as ‘additional charges’, unless agreed otherwise by the hostel
- U HOSTELS will share all the additional charges amount with the guests before they are incurred
- Mode of payment shall be credit card, debit card, cash or any other options as available and accepted by U HOSTELS at the time of the payment.
- Booking charges can either be paid in advance at the time of booking or at the time of checking in. Payments for additional charges as applicable can be made, during the stay or at the time of check out.
- Non-Arrival of the Guest amounts to a No show. Reservation must be cancelled 72 hrs prior to the planned date of arrival.
- One night room charges will be levied in case of a cancellation made within 72 hrs or in case of a No-Show.
- In Group reservation cancellation must be done prior to 15 days of the arrival date, or any amendment will be considered prior to 7 days of arrival date.
- Cancellation Policy for Long Stay:
Cancellation done before 15 days of arrival date will lead to 15 days retention charges, cancellation done between 15 days till date of arrival will lead to entire month retention charges.
- Refunds for bookings made through the website will be made as online refunds which will take 7-10 working days for processing.
- Refunds for credit/debit card bookings will be made through credit/debit card and usually take 15 working days for processing.
- Refunds for Bookings made by cash/cheque/bank transfer will be processed only through cheque.
- The original Booking receipt must be presented for processing the refund.
- Refunds done for credit/debit card bookings will be charged 5% extra.
6. checkout-in & check-out
- The standard check-in time at U HOSTELS will be 14:00 hours and any check in prior to this will be subject to availability of rooms and other services at the hostel
- The standard check-out time at U HOSTELS will be 12:00 hours, guests may place a prior request for a check out at a later time, however this will be purely subjective to room availability. Also, in case of any prior intimation, a late checkout can result in guests being charged for an extra night
7. hostel rules
- Guests need to provide a valid photo identification proof, such as the Driver’s License, Passport, Aadhar Card
- U HOSTELS expect guests to behave and conduct themselves appropriately inside the premise and in a manner that does not disturb other guests. Any unsocial and violent behavior can lead to guests being asked to leave at any time during the stay
- Smoking shall only be permitted in designated smoking areas and at no other place inside the hostel
- Pets are not allowed
- Non-resident guests are not allowed inside the rooms. Such meetings can be in common areas
- The minimum stay period to make a booking at U HOSTELS shall be 3 nights
- Any damages at U HOSTELS such as breakage, soiling or losing of U HOSTELS property by guests will result in guests being liable to make payment for the repair of the same or as damage charges
- Only the bookings made by adults, over 18 years of age will be accepted. For guests under the age of 18, sharing of rooms is prohibited, however, they can get stay in private rooms at U HOSTELS upon obtaining a written consent and booking through their parents
8. food and drinks
- Stay charges at U HOSTELS do not include Food and Drink, unless agreed otherwise by the hostel
- No food and drinks purchased from outside will be allowed for consumption inside the U HOSTELS premise
9. specially abled guests
- Compliance with all laws regulating, services and provisions for disabled guests will be observed at U HOSTELS
- Guests are expected to pre-inform the U HOSTELS about any such special assistance or requirement
10. personal data & information
- The guests hereby consent to collection for their personal information for the purpose of booking and records
- The data collected by U HOSTELS is used for contracts, product developments, statistics and can be shared with partners of U HOSTELS for branding and promotion
- Profiling of personal data for marketing and prioritization is a right of U HOSTELS
- U HOSTELS reserves the right to use this data for any email, sms or similar marketing campaign
- Personal information is not disclosed to any third party unless in wake of law
- U HOSTELS can change any conditions for booking on stay without a prior notice to guests, from time to time, however the conditions at the time of booking will remain applicable for guests
- In situations like a natural disaster or any occurrence outside U HOSTELS’ control, the hostel won’t be liable for any loss, damage or delay. During any such situation, the booking contract can be canceled by either party.
12. child policy
- Child below 6 years will be complimentary without an extra Bed and child above 6 years will be considered as extra person in the room inclusive of extra mattress.
13. Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
- U HOSTELS disclaims any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever relating to this web site and other worldwide web links including without limitation, as to the merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. U HOSTELS does not warrant that errors or omissions may sometimes occur. U HOSTELS does not warrant the accuracy, timeliness, currency and completeness of the contents, including without limitation, any information relating to rates and room availability.
- In no event shall U HOSTELS nor its subsidiaries, agents, divisions, affiliates, representatives or licensors be liable to any indirect, incidental or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits or loss of information) arising from use or inability to use the contents, even if U HOSTELS has been informed of the possibility of such damages. The Site may contain links to other World Wide Web sites, either directly or indirectly and, where possible, we will make clear where such links are being made. Those sites are provided by independent third parties and U HOSTELS is not responsible for their availability or content.
- U HOSTELS will not be responsible for any damages including without limitation, damages for loss of profits arising in contract or from your use or inability to use this site.
- U HOSTELS does not guarantee that this site is free from infection by viruses and shall not be liable for any damages or loss.